Published By: Fantasy Football Dude
Hunt signing with the Browns
- Hunt signing with the Browns today came totally out of no where. I understand the signing considering John Dorsey is the current GM of the Browns and was the one who drafted Hunt back when he was in KC. But from a fantasy standpoint this was a horrible landing spot for Hunt and for Chubb & Johnson whenever Hunt gets on the field. But from a roster standpoint it was a great move considering he didn’t come at a high cost and they now have his rights going into next year also which is a huge plus, and in the NFL you can never have enough good depth.
- Now that Hunt is with the Browns he is going to really hurt everyone’s fantasy value in that backfield including himself. Luckily he will be suspended the first 6 games at least and that is just my opinion based on past players suspensions. So for the first 6 games of the season Chubb will be the workhorse back with Johnson serving as the pass catching/2 minute RB. But when Hunt gets on the field fully expect this RB situation to drive you crazy, all 3 players will end up stealing fantasy points from each other and you should stay away from this backfield especially if they decide to roll with the hot hand for that day.
- Nick Chubb Dynasty Value – Chubb’s value as a Dyansty RB is still very good, there are plenty of backfields that split time and have very productive fantasy stats from those players. But if you can buy low on him right now given the hunt news, do it immediately!!
- Kareem Hunt Dynasty Value – With Hunt we still need to know how long he is going to be suspended for but he lands on a team that looks like they are up and coming on offense which will hopefully lead to solid fantasy production when he gets on the field. Hunt isn’t someone I am racing to get but if the value is right its worth going to grab him just don’t over pay for him
- Duke Johnson Dynasty Value – Duke Johnson unfortunately doesn’t have any appeal to me in a dynasty or regular fantasy right now unless he gets traded or someone gets hurt. Duke Johnson just looks like an afterthought at the moment.
Chubb & Johnson
- This pretty much puts a huge hit on Chubb’s fantasy value for this year, he was someone who I was very excited about taking a huge leap and becoming a full time workhorse RB something that is hard to have in fantasy. Even when Johnson was there Chubb dominated the snaps and touches but now with Hunt in the fold Chubb will see a shared backfield and won’t nearly come close to hitting 20 touches they way he was last season after Hyde got traded.
- With Johnson he had some solid value coming into the year as a RB you can use in a pinch if your RBs were hurt or the match looked too good. But now with Hunt into the fold I fully expect Johnson to have an even smaller role than he did last year when Chubb took over. I wouldn’t even be surprised if he doesn’t play more than a few snaps some games given the talent of Hunt and Chubb. Johnson is a player I am completely staying away from in fantasy.