Published By: The Fantasy Football Dude
- As far as rookie seasons go Taylor didn’t end up having an explosive one but as a player to keep your eye on for this year he definitely offers up an interesting value. With Garcon and Goodwin being the 1&2 WRs in San Fran that means someone else has to come into the picture as the slot/3WR on the team and Taylor has the tools to be just that.
- Last year Taylor Racked up 43 catches and 430 yards with 2 Tds not bad for a rookie season where their QB play wasn’t the best until Jimmy G got there. Now with Jimmy G in town Taylor could have himself a nice season as the 49ers primary slot WR. Even looking at last year he shined at certain times and his ability to shift and change direction as fast as he doesn’t makes him a great weapon for Jimmy G and his ultra quick release.
- Now the one issue that might hold back Taylor from shining this year and becoming a reliable fantasy option is that last year 49ers ranked near the bottom in 11 man formations which is 1RB,1TE, & 3WR. This is a telling this because Taylor could be a valuable slot player but looking into this will make it hard to be a reliable/consistent fantasy contributor. Even though 49ers rank low in that personnel grouping last year doesn’t mean that won’t change especially given that Kyle Shanahan is a very creative offensive coach and might be looking to do some different things this year and with a player like McKinnon in the fold it could mean more of those groups instead of having Hyde where they liked his power and ran more with a bigger line and extra TEs.
- If you are draft Taylor he might be a late round filer but don’t have high expectations for him. In Dynasty league he right now is a hold and he will end up having startable weeks as the season wears on but for right now he is a stash type player who you need to wait and see how they plan to use him.
- 2017 Stats: 43 Receptions-430 Yards-2TD
- 2018 Projections: 55 Receptions – 680 Yards – 4TD